Sonos dropouts possibly Sky Q

• 16 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi Guys 

Sorry for another dropout issue, my setup in the living room (Beam, 2 ones as surrounds and a sub) drops out very frequently, maybe once every 5-6 minutes. I think I've narrowed it down to when we watch anything on Sky Q e.g. Netflix, live TV, recordings etc... The beam is wired to the router but surrounds and sub are wireless. I've also tried switching the sonos channel but hasn't helped

Does anyone else have the same issue or have any advice?? 

Diagnostics  - 1044364007

Thanks guys for any help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

For issues relating to Sky Q Networks, perhaps see the advice mentioned in this thread below:

Sonos on WiFi Mesh

Userlevel 7

What is the Digital Audio Output HDMI setting on the Sky Q set to? If it is set to Dolby Digital Plus, try the Dolby Digital or Normal options instead.

Thanks Ken, will have a look at that thread. 

GuitarSuperstar the output HDMI is set to Dolby Digital. 

Cheers both

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Steveo542 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If this is happening when watching TV then it has nothing to do with your network. Please unplug your TV from power for a minute or two and plug back in. If the issue continues, try unplugging any other HDMI source devices (not Sky Q) from the TV and test again.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry 

Thanks for this, I don't want to jynx it but since doing as you advised we've not had a single drop out. Only had to unplug the TV from power.

Thanks again.