SONOS connect to SOundbar etc.

• 1 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I have a SONOS Connect (Zone Player) attached to a YAMAHA YSP 2500 Virtual 7:1 surround "sound projector" but when i want to play music over my Play speakers and the YSP, there is a clearly audible delay of the YSP vs Play speakers - a nuisance as i then have to I have to set the YSP from surround mode to stereo (no surround) as otherwise AND remember to change it back to 5:1 + 2 (virtual 7:1)
It ,must be even worse with ATMOS etc. soundbars or AVRs

I would like to see an option to change delay of the SONOS PLAY speakers/Connect or other bridge device to enable play speakers etc. to match the delay introduced by surround processing of the YSP, AVR or virtual surround sound bar(projector)

I also would like to play you tube music over SONOS so at present I am limited to using YOutube on a smart BluRay player connectingthe BluRay player`s stereo analog output to the connect and use the line in to relay you tube music to the rest of the SONOS system.
There is no digital input to the Connect.
Therefore, I would appreciate your developing a transceiver which converts SONOS and sends Bluetooth audio in stereo quality or higher (e.g. 5:1, 7:1, ATMOS)
This would enable me to connect via Bluetooth without having multiple boxes - the SONOS Connect and one or two of the many Bluetooth receiver / transmitters listed
e.g. here:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bluetooth+audio+transmitter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abluetooth+audio+transmitter

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos produce a solution for this, the PLAYBAR/BASE. That will eliminate any delay and play youtube audio from the TV, which can be shared to any other Sonos speaker on your network. there is no digital connection to the connect because it is not intended to be used as a soundbar equivalent.

Sonos does not do bluetooth, if you want that you can add a BT receiver to your connect as line in, which can be shared again.