Question

Sonos Beam with Sony Bravia

• 30 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi. I’m thinking of getting a Sony Bravia KD43XH8505BU but have noticed a few posts around saying there can be issues with syncing to the Sonos Beam.

Does anyone know if there’s an issue syncing the Beam with a Sony Bravia?

Many thanks,

Allen.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Allen_Rod.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

For me one of the common issue for a customer to encounter in any Sonos products regardless if its a home theater setup or just a simple stereo setup in their house or office is 

wireless interference this article is very informative about some issue customer might encounter when using Sonos products.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

By “issues with syncing” do you mean problems with video and audio being out of sync?

If so, I’ve not had any problems with my Sony TV (XG95) and Beam.

By “issues with syncing” do you mean problems with video and audio being out of sync?

If so, I’ve not had any problems with my Sony TV (XG95) and Beam.

Hi Jamie,

No, not video & audio not syncing. Was asking if there was a general issue with the Beam not connecting to a Bravia - like dropped signal. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi. I’m thinking of getting a Sony Bravia KD43XH8505BU but have noticed a few posts around saying there can be issues with syncing to the Sonos Beam.

Does anyone know if there’s an issue syncing the Beam with a Sony Bravia?

Many thanks,

Allen.

I have a beam connected to a 32” Bravia via arc in our bedroom. The tv is a year old, doesn’t use Android rather Sony’s own software for lower spec models. It syncs perfectly with my Sky Q mini box which can output both stereo and Dolby Digital stereo and 5.1 which the Beam then down mixes. It can also be connected by optical which some have found to be more reliable and frees up a hdmi port. I’ve found the Beam to be excellent with no issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Beagle.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing your honest feedback we really appreciate it.

Cheers.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.