Answered

Sonos beam with monitor without arc or optical

• 16 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello,
I want to use a Sonos beam with my Samsung QM49F monitor. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have neither arc nor optical out. I only have hdmi and displayport in and "audio out". Is this monitor possible to use with a beam? Can I use a splitter maybe?

Best regards
Mattias
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 16 July 2018, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Question? does your computer have optical out for sound built onto the mother board, if so you can connect the Beam directly to the PC without the need to connect it to your monitor.
I am using a chromecast as input, so unfortunately there is no optical output to use.
I was thinking of connecting the chromecast to a hdmi to hdmi+optical splitter, do you think that might work?
Userlevel 3
Badge
A splitter should work as you would have optical out for the audio which is what the beam requires.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am using a chromecast as input, so unfortunately there is no optical output to use.
I was thinking of connecting the chromecast to a hdmi to hdmi+optical splitter, do you think that might work?

An HDMI splitter like this should work, you may not find one with HDMI-ARC support, but the optical would be just fine with the included converter that comes with the Beam.
How would you go about controlling the volume?
Using the Sonos app, which would communicate with the Beam on wifi.