Question

Sonos Beam wireless playback quality

• 15 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Sonos Beam to compliment my TV(TLC 635) in the living room. The sound/music sounds great when connected via HDMI Arc.

My friend lend me a Bose smart 300 bar for comparison and the sounds/music is much richer on Sonos as well when hooked up to the TV.

However, when I switched both to wireless playback without the direct hook up we heard muffled quality from Sonos(deep bass/treb,voice not clear/crisp) vs distinct clear quality coming from BOSE. Using Youtube/Amazon Music as bench mark.

I tried reset the sound bar or change the tuning and the equalizer but still BOSE came out much better. I’m wondering is there a way to make the wireless playback sound more clearer?

Thanks,

-Kevin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @MusicFan12.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

Few things you can try just to isolate the problem are unplugged/plug back in the HDMI cable from the Beam and the TV.

If you have another HDMI cable use it in the meantime and observe the soundbar.

Also, try to calibrate the room where the soundbar is installed by using the Trueplay feature.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.