Answered

SONOS Beam volume low

• 17 January 2019
  • 2 replies

hello

I have just purchased a SONOS BEAM, connected via the optical audio port (no ARC on TV).

I am having to turn the volume up on the Sonos app to above 75% to 80% to get any sort of acceptable volume level when watching the TV (music apps are at the normal levels as when I'm using my other Sonos devices)

the TV is a SAMSUNG UE40H5000AK

I cannot seem to select a Dolby output under my TV sound settings when using the beam

also my remote control although recognised by my Sonos app, cannot control the volume (the message eon screen states, adjust volume on the connected speakers directly), any help here also would be appreciated.

any help would be great

thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 January 2019, 04:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Don't know about that specific TV, but you might look for a setting in the audio section on the TV that allows you to set the optical output from "Variable" to "Fixed". If you can find such a thing, set it to "fixed", and you should be taken care of.

Question 2, you must be watching something that has a Dolby Digital signal before the TV will allow you to choose the setting. Turn on a movie channel, or a DVD that has a Dolby Digital track.

Question 3, Try resetting up the remote control, using the FAQ data here on the Sonos website. Especially if you have one of those "magic remotes", which aren't natively IR, but use bluetooth, which the Sonos doesn't read.
thanks il give them a try