Sonos Beam TV volume issues.

• 25 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Connected my Beam to a new TV using Arc connection as suggested by Sonos app. Set up my Sky remote ok and all seemed good . Sound Bar works  as does the remote . But the sound will randomly increase or sometimes decrease of its own accord - normally at a crucial moment in a film . Any suggestions how i can resolve this issue please ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

When Alexa hears or thinks it hears the trigger word, the beam volume will decrease, called ducking, so that she can hear the command.  But I don’t know of any scenario where the volume will increase for any reason.   I suggest that you contact support as they have tools that will help diagnose your issue more quickly. 

Thanks for your input - much appreciated . I never activated ALexa (not a fan)  so I don’t think its that- also when it decreases or increases it stays at that level until you alter so its not the ducking you mention  ? As you say I will contact support . Its a Hi Sense TV and i note that in other forums there is a suggestion there may be a conflict  with this brand ? Cheers anyway

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for your input - much appreciated . I never activated ALexa (not a fan)  so I don’t think its that- also when it decreases or increases it stays at that level until you alter so its not the ducking you mention  ? As you say I will contact support . Its a Hi Sense TV and i note that in other forums there is a suggestion there may be a conflict  with this brand ? Cheers anyway

Sounds like the TV may be changing the volume then. You could try turning HDMI-CEC off on the TV which will remove the TV’s ability to control the volume on your Beam.

Thanks Very much i will give that a try