Sonos Beam suddenly not working properly with Samsung Q80T

• 30 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’ve been using a sonos beam with my Q80T for about six months with zero issues. 

Now out of no where starting a couple days ago, every time I turn on the TV, it’s switched back to using the TV speakers.

Things I’ve tried:

• turning off/on anynet+
  • unplugging and replugging power to both beam and TV
  • using a different hdmi port and cable
  • factory reset on the TV

I’m still able to manually switch audio output to “hdmi receiver” but then if I turn the TV off and on, it’s back on TV speakers. And sometimes it seems like sound isn't even coming out of the sound bar when I manually switch to it.

it’s incredibly frustrating and I’m not sure what else I can do to fix it. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you added any new devices to your TV setup?

Badge +1

Nope. It’s literally been the same exact setup for months - Beam, AppleTV 4K, PS5. Nothing was even unplugged and replugged in recently, it just started out of the blue.

But I might be getting somewhere. I think it has something to do with my PS5’s connection. If I have only the soundbar's HDMI plugged in, it works fine. If I plug in my apple tv, it still works. I can turn the TV off and on and it still stays outputted to the sound bar.

But once I add the PS5, it starts falling back on the TV speakers. Again, I didn't change or add any new devices recently, this is the same setup I've been using with the TV for months. Something still seems messed up on the TV's end, I'm guessing something CEC-related.

Userlevel 7

Try turning off HDMI Device Link on the PS5 under Settings > System > HDMI > Enable HDMI Device Link > Off.

Badge +1

Yep, tried that but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. When the PS5 HDMI is plugged in, the sound bar starts acting wonky. Which doesn’t really make sense to me.

I might try unplugging power and all HDMIs now that Device Link is off, then reconnect everything again.