Sonos Beam & Sky Q - No Dolby

• 23 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
Unable to get Dolby in Sky Q connected to my Samsung via HDMI Arc. No problems in Normal mode but defeats the object .
Looking on the TV menu, Dolby is greyed out and only RF mode available. Any ideas? Next is to try the optical cable/adapter but will I lose the tv remote capability for volume etc?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Some TVs grey out the Dolby Digital option when they are not receiving a Dolby Digital signal. I’d be checking to be sure the Sky Q is sending a correct signal to the TV, and be sure when your messing with the options, you’re watching a show that has a Dolby Digital Soundtrack.

No, using the optical connection does not change your availability to control the volume.
Badge
Thanks Bruce. After much messing about the optical adapter seems to have Dolby working from sky Q, however can only control volume from Sky remote now and the tv doesn’t exactly like it. @Sonos dudes, any reason why the HDMI ARC won’t output Dolby from the Sky box it’s very annoying as now I’ve lost loads of functionality such as voice control 😠