Sonos Beam, Sky Q & Blu-Ray player - no hdmi arc

• 28 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Just set up my new Beam with my sky q box and tv, using the extension to the the hdmi cable so it fits in the optical port. My tv is a modern Samsung one but does not have arc. Can someone please tell me how to include my Samsung blu-ray player in this setup? At the moment, the only thing I can do is to take the hdmi lead back out of the sky q and put it into the blu Ray player. Surely, there must be a way around this. Any help appreciated

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

How many HDMI inputs does the TV have? Just the one? TV model number? Even modest modern Samsungs have two or three HDMIs, including one labelled HDMI-ARC.
The TV is a Samsung LE46C450L 1K and has Four (4) HDMI inputs. However, none of them are marked HDMI ARC.
I couldn't locate that model, but I found a UE46C5100 which looks similar. Indeed, no ARC but 4 HDMI inputs. I don't understand your original question. Plug your Bluray into a spare input.
Sorry, but the hdmi has been in the tv this whole time. That is clearly not the problem
Which HDMI? You have a Sky box plugged into an HDMI input (1). Is the Bluray plugged into a second HDMI (2) already? If so, why do you keep having to switch the cable between it and the Sky box?

Is the problem that you can't get any audio from the Beam when the Bluray is plugged into HDMI (2)? In that case the problem could be that the Bluray is trying to output DTS, which Beam can't understand.