Answered

Sonos Beam setup with 4k projector

• 17 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a Sonos beam with 2 Play 1’s as rears in my minimalistic lounge setup. I have just purchased a 4K projector and I’m having a hell of a time getting it to connect to the Beam. No optical out on the projector. I would like to connect multiple inputs, Apple TV, PS4 and Sky Q. Does anyone actually have similar setup to offer advice on HDMI splitters etc?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 17 December 2019, 18:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi Badderbing

Please tell us the brand/model of your projector or post pictures of the front and rear and any other ports.

Userlevel 2

Hi thanks for the reply.

i’m lucky enough to have 2 projectors at present an Epson 5900 and a new Viewsonic Px 747. Neither have optical out or ARC. I think I will need a HDMI splitter/extractor but they never seem to work flawlessly. I just wondered if anyone as got the Beam to work well in this scenario or would I be best to avoid Sonos with a projector?

Userlevel 7

Hi Badderbing

Using a HDMI extractor similar to the shown here  is your best option. However, in your case you’ll need one with multiple in-puts and for convivence a remote to switch inputs.  Let us know if you have any questions regarding proper connections. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 2

Hi Ajtrek1,

I appreciate the assistance. I've just purchased the below

4K HDMI Switch, Tendak 4 Port HDMI 2.0 Switch Box 4x1 HDMI Switcher + Optical Toslink L/R Audio Extractor with IR Remote Support Ultra HD 4K@60Hz HDCP 2.2 ARC 3D for PS4, Xbox One, Blu-ray DVD https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PPMR8Y2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Dgr-Db8E76D08

I will try this out and let you know the results. 

I appreciate the help

Merry Christmas 

Userlevel 2

Just setup the audio extractor. Easy to setup plug and play works like a charm! 

Userlevel 7

Good to know all was sorted out to your satisfaction. If we can be of further assistance please post again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!