Sonos Beam not working with either Samsung TV

• 25 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Neither Samsung TV that I have is able to play the sound from the Samsung TV. I am plugged into the ARC. I have done diagnostics on the Samsung TV audio. Something between the samsung and the sonos keep switching the input to Receiver from TV Output.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I don’t understand how your system is setup. There is only one ARC port on the TV and this should be connected to BEAM.

Please give us a better description of your system. How is the TV connected to the receiver?

My system is simply set up through hdmi directly to the ARC on the Samsung TV. The TV itself is then automatically changing the speaker settings to "receiver " rather than "TV speaker" and I don't get any sound. If I run diagnostics on the Samsung and test TV speaker, I hear audio through the beam, but the settings won't take

Make sure that the TV is sending a supported audio format to BEAM. As a quick diagnostic just send stereo to BEAM.

If this helps, I was able to get it to work through optical output from TV just not arc. This results in no remote other than sonos app. Format is pcm

Just an off the wall suggestion: I’ve heard rumors that very old HDMI cables don’t work well with ARC. I have no personal experience with this.

Make sure that CEC (Samsung calls it Anynet) is enabled on the TV.

Thx. Have tried different hdmi cables. Cec is enabled. When I disable it, sound comes from TV. Enable it and no sound at all

Go to About My System and check the audio format that BEAM is receiving.

If all else fails I’ve seen some inexplicable issues disappear after rebooting a TV.