Answered

Sonos Beam not loud enough!:( HELP

• 30 May 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi!
I just helped my parents bye a Sonos Beam to get better music experience when watching TV and concerts. It’s all connected and fine. But I can’t turn the music up high!
What should I do?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 30 May 2019, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

How are you trying to control the volume? Through the Sonos app or through the remote control? Just trying to see if this is a remote control setup issue or something else.

Is the Beam connected to the TV by HDMI-ARC or optical?
Thank you for answering.
We control the volume with the TV box remote. But I have also tried to control it with the app. And I can’t β€œswipe” the music higher.
Its connected by optical.
Userlevel 7
Hi Riihn

Try this:
  1. Open the Sonos App > Select More > Select Settings > Select Room Settings > Select the room named for the Beam > Look for Volume Limit > It should read as "off" > If not Select it and move the slider to the right_100%
  2. Also, if you have an iOS device (or can borrow one) run TruePlay
In truth the Beam is not intended for a very large space. If using the Beam in such an environment adding a Sub has been known to improve the audio especially for voice. I realize a Sub is a substantial investment; but what it does is relieve the Beam from processing the low-end.

If you cannot get the Beam to perform to your satisfaction the only other option (barring some defect) is to purchase the Playbar or Playbase. However, you'll lose all the neat features the Beam offers and forced to use Optical input.

Edit: I see you're using Optical any way so no significant loss of features to go with a Playbar or Playbase. The Playbase will retain Airplay capability.

Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!
What he said ☝🏻
Thank you. Then I think it is as loud as it can get. I’m a bit disappointed I must say:((
But what about adding 2 play one speakers- is that possible?
Userlevel 7
Hi Riihn

You can add the Play:1 speakers but you'd have to Group them to the Beam. Using them as surrounds would not improve TV/Movie audio.

However from a cost standpoint here's the cash outlay:
  1. Play:1 x 2 plus Beam = $797_USD
  2. Playbase or Playbar = $699_USD
Need I say more πŸ€”

Cheers!
You can add them as surround sound speakers, which won't help audio coming from the front. I wouldn't give just yet, as the Beam should be plenty loud enough. Do you notice a difference in volume when watching TV vs listening to a streaming source? Perhaps the TV isn't set to line level output on optical and/or needs to volume turned up there? Since you already have the remote configured to Sonos, perhaps you can use volume buttons on the TV itself to turn it up.
We just turnes up the volume with the TV Remote and it is working now! 😍😍😍 YES thank you so much πŸ˜„πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜„πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜„πŸ™ŒπŸ»