Sonos Beam mutes randomly.

• 26 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Dear all

My Sonos beam randomly mutes itself when I’m watching TV. It’s connected to a mesh network and is part of a 5.1 system (which all goes mute at these random points). I can see the light at the top of all devices go green (mute). 

The sound can start up again if I increase the volume on the app or even if I use Alexa to increase the volume.

I have tried to remove the Alexa app as I thought it may be related … but it isn’t. 

Any advice welcome. I can run a diagnostic 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Reissy, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Beam, so that we can check the current status of your Sonos Beam, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.