Answered

Sonos Beam issues gen 1

• 17 December 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi,  I really need help because the SONOS experience is below zero and I am about to do things to it which I will regret. I have been a SONOS user for a long time and always have been happy with them. Lately I have a serious issue that bothers me so much. 
I have purchased a new TV Samsung Q60Aa 55. Since I have connected the Beam it randomly fails to detect it is installed using the TV speaker instead of the Beam. I try the settings, plug it out, disconnect the cable from the eArc connector, reinstall…. And after a while it seems to detect it until I turn off the TV and can start all over this very annoying time consuming issue. 
Help please. I have always enjoyed my Beam, which still works fine connecting to Spotify. But am unable to use it as a sound bar for the TV. Help..  BTW. It always has worked well with my previous TV LG branded. 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 17 December 2021, 11:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There has been an ongoing issue with the ARC and Beam when connected to Samsung TV’s. Please see: 

I suggest that you contact Sonos Customer Support.

I think I have solved the issue. The HDMI cable that came with the Beam seems not compatible with the eArc port?  I purchased a much thicker HDMI cable and so far every time I turn the TV set on the beam is detected. 

Hope this solved my issue. I keep an eye on it. Fingers crossed. 

Just as a note, the gen 1 Beam doesn’t work off of eARC, only HDMI ARC. They’re supposed to be backwardly compatible from one to the other, though, so It does make me wonder if perhaps that original cable you had was “broken” in some way. In any case, glad you were able to resolve it.