SONOS Beam intermittenly dropping sound

• 27 July 2018
  • 2 replies

SONOS Beam is intermittenly dropping sound while watching TV. I have a 4K Samsung TV connected via coaxial cable. (Comcast) The Beam is connected to the TV via HDMI (ARC) I have seen some replies suggesting network latency or interference. This should not come into play in this configuration. Also, I have no issues whatsoever streaming music to the Beam over WiFi. Please advise as this is very frustrating.

Update: This started the other night and since has not happened again. At this point it looks like it was not a Sonos issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

i have the same problem, just installed my new Beam - Music works fine but my TV sound keeps cutting in and out.
Reset the Beam and try again. The next day I did not have the issue again and it has not happened since. I think this was a cable provider issue. If not you need to submit diagnostics to Sonos after it happens.