Sonos Beam in 5.1 configuration doesn’t work properly.

• 30 November 2018
  • 1 reply

So configuration
TV : https://toshiba-tv.com/uk-uk/49u5766db
Audio Output Power (RMS) 2x10W
Dolby Audio™ DolbyⓇ Digital Plus (DD+)
DTS™ Decoder DTS™ HD + DTS™ TruSurround
Internal Subwoofer YES
Speaker Type Speaker Box
Equalizer 5 Band
Ger (D) + Nicam Stereo YES
Sound Modes Music, Movie, Speech, Classic, Flat, User
HDMI™ ARC Through HDMI™3
HDMI™ CEC YES

With sonos support I have disabled on TV DTS and digital output is now PCM (can be PCM or Compressed )
Apple TV 4k
Xbox One
Sonos Beam configured in 5.1 paired with two Play’s 1

The Issue I don’t have that separations back left or back right. I’ve watch YouTube with different 5.1 samples from Apple TV and directly from smart TV and failed each time. I have also played YouTube from iPad and send the sound Beam trough AirPlay and still no separation. When sound should come from back left for example I can hear him from left only. I have sound output from surrounds plays one but not separation front - back in 5.1 video. It act now like 2.1 system.

It's any way with my hardware including iPad pro, MacBook air to hear with sonos system a video in real 5.1, to hear a sound on rear left or right?
PS I have contact the support send logs from app. They guy pretend that didn’t understand my problem with 5.1 separation channels. Says once you hear sound on rears is fine. Hope I wac clear enough.
Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge
Hi,

Reading your post it seems as if your TV is outputting stereo PCM. This should be Dolby Digital 5.1 to experience surround sound. Depending on available settings in your TV you can put it to pass through and set both your Apple TV and Xbox to Dolby digital 5.1 output or depend on your tv to make the conversion. Can you check your manual to see if you can find anything you recognize regarding these settings?