Answered

Sonos Beam - how to get Netflix 5.1?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
It’s not really permanent 5.1 sound though, it’s matrixing the stereo signal for a source that is only meant to be stereo. Sonos is doing it the way it was intended.
Badge +1
Great! Thanks for the clarification! Now I only need to know how to activate it... Because yesterday I was fiddling around with the settings but all I could hear was from the Beam... not the back Play 1...
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Is this for all content or just certain things? What are you currently trying to play?
Badge +1
I hear 5.1 movies alright but, contrary to what l was used to with my old Sony amp, news or other OTA DVB-T broadcasts just won't sound as good.. they won't use the back side speakers...
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
That is what I just covered above. That content is meant to be in stereo, and Sonos is presenting it the way it was intended.
Badge +1
Got it to work! It's just dependent on the OTA DVB-T channel.. lol! Some will have Dolby Digital and be heard on all the speakers, others will default to PCM and thus not work with the back speakers.... thanks for your patience with a rookie! 😃
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Not a problem,, glad it's all sorted.