Sonos beam hdmi arc and optical outputs

• 19 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
Here's the issue. I have none of these ports. just hdmi. I need them for the sonos beam I just bought.

I search for televisions with optical outputs but they are too expensive with my 100 - 200 dollar price range.

hdmi arc I seem to be unable to use because all my media is streamed through fire tv and I dont think I could have these two hdmi devices on at the same time.

so I have to settle for optical then and forgo some functionality ?

I would settle for less functionality if the sound is still good. or is it possible to have both fire tv and sonos beam at the same time even though both require hdmi ports ?

do you guys have any suggestions ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Could have sworn I replied to this. Anyway, you can connect firetv to hdmi and the beam to the hdmi-arc connection, no problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
One of the HDMI ports on your TV should be labeled ARC if your TV supports it. If so, Danny's post is correct. If you can provide the model number of your TV, we may be able to help confirm that.