Answered

Sonos Beam connection.

• 31 October 2020
  • 5 replies

all of a sudden, when we change the tv to another hdmi port that our gaming system is plug in the sound does not work-  we have to go to the tv settings, switch audio to tv audio then switch it back to external speakers and it works-  I have a sony tv model 850, connect the beam via digital audio cable .  so same thing happen when we open up apple tv,  had to fix it the same way-  but when we turn it back to the tv hdmi for the cable box  sounds is perfect-   I have no problem streaming music to any of my sonos products.  just cant figure out what happened..  anyone have ideas ..  thanks for you help

icon

Best answer by Simon B 3 November 2020, 17:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @History, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system. So that we can have a better view of the current status of your system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

thanks for you reply,  my confirmation number is 280111392,   hope we can figure this out cause by far Sonos is the best-  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @History, thanks for the update and form sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to know about what’s happening on your Sonos Beam. Upon checking the diagnostic information, it shows that the Beam is getting low on signal connections from the router. Do you have wireless extenders? And other option to check for any difference is to hardwire the Beam to the router and check if the issue persists. Or reposition the Sonos Beam near the router and observe for any significant change with the sound and the connections. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

thanks for the info,  no  extenders but I have one of my eero mesh units right by it so thats weird,  anyway it started working again  so If need be, I will hardwire the beam to my mesh unit 

thanks again for your help 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @History, thanks for the quick update. I’m glad it’s working fine now for your Sonos Beam. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

The Sonos community is always here to help.