Answered

Sonos Beam - connect with HDMI ARC & Optical Audio

• 23 July 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have 2 sonos one's and 1 sonos beam. I also have a record player I would like to include in my network, I understand that a play:5 or Connect are the best way of doing so. But I live in a small flat so the current set up does not need an extra speaker and a connect for just the record player seems excessive.

Beam has both optical and HDMI inputs, the HDMI is used for the TV, but can I use the optical audio input to connect the record player (after converting the signal to optical)? Ie, connect both inputs but only use one of the inputs at any given moment.

Thanks for the help!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 10 August 2018, 23:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I have 2 sonos one's and 1 sonos beam. I also have a record player I would like to include in my network, I understand that a play:5 or Connect are the best way of doing so. But I live in a small flat so the current set up does not need an extra speaker and a connect for just the record player seems excessive.

Beam has both optical and HDMI inputs, the HDMI is used for the TV, but can I use the optical audio input to connect the record player (after converting the signal to optical)? Ie, connect both inputs but only use one of the inputs at any given moment.

Thanks for the help!

Hi there,

It should be possible to use an adapter that converts the analog stereo output from your record player into a digital optical output. This output should work with the Beam.