sonos beam audio sync

• 19 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Here's my setup: sonos beam via HDMI ARC to samsung UN55JS700DF tv. There is a sonos sub attached to my beam. Input is a roku ultimate via HDMI to my TV.

I'm having audio sync issues between the TV and the beam when playing the roku and have gone through every possible scenario to troubleshoot it to no avail. I know there are other threads on this, but none of them seem to address the problem unless I switch the TV to PCM but I didn't pay $1200 to only listen in stereo. Here's what I've done so far all of which haven't worked:

- Set roku to PCM, leave TV output to dolby via HDMI
- Set roku to dolby digital, leave TV output to dolby via HDMI
- Leave roku on auto, leave TV output to dolby via HDMI
- Set roku to PCM, leave TV output to dolby via optical
- Set roku to dolby digital, leave TV output to dolby via optical
- Leave roku on auto, leave TV output to dolby via optical
- Bought another roku, plugged directly into TV HDMI ARC then to TV via HDMI
- Bought another roku, plugged directly into TV HDMI ARC then to TV via optical
- Swapped every cable possible

Like i said above, the only solve here was setting everything to PCM, so the issue is obviously the conversion of dolby from my TV to the beam. When I have the beam going HDMI to HDMI, the audio is ahead and when I have the beam going HDMI to optical, the audio is behind. Is there a solve for this? I had no issues when using a full definitive technology setup via my denon x1200 receiver and I've wasted almost 8 hours at this point troubleshooting everything.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Did you get a fix for it? I’m having the same sync issues with the new Qled QE43Q60R.

Are these sync issues most prevalent with Sonos products? Are other manufacturer’s products more flexible?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
no, no fix yet. i'm going to hook the beam up to a different TV in my house and see what happens. need to rule out if it's the tv or not.