Sonos Beam audio fix LG CX

• 20 February 2021
  • 3 replies

No idea if this has been posted but I want to alleviate some frustration. 

If you're using an LG CX and a Sonos Beam and experiencing audio cut outs, switching everything over to PCM and running audio out of the optical port fixed it for me. 

Kind of ridiculous the amount of unresolved issues on this forum. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

With the TV set to PCM, you will only get stereo audio rather than Dolby Digital. But I guess stereo with no audio cut outs is better than Dolby Digital with cut outs.

With the TV set to PCM, you will only get stereo audio rather than Dolby Digital. But I guess stereo with no audio cut outs is better than Dolby Digital with cut outs.

I did notice a slight difference in sound quality. I'm new to all this but I have a background in computers. I was about to shell out 600 for the subwoofer but after reading this forum I am extremely hesitant.

I spent probably 6 hours yesterday researching all the different brands and Sonos came out on top. It baffles me how when the advanced functionalities don't work properly. 

Userlevel 7

Does disabling eARC in your TV settings make a difference with the audio cutting out?