Answered

sonos beam as front speakers

• 15 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve a very simple setup, yet can’t find a straight answer online. How do I connect my Sonos beam to my Denon A/V receiver (as center/front channels) along with Bose inceiling speakers as rear channels? I’m planning to buy a Sonos port/connect

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 15 August 2021, 01:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

A Sonos Beam is not designed to be used as a center channel speaker connected to an A/V receiver. It is designed to be connected directly to a TV via HDMI ARC or optical. If you want to add rear surround speakers to the Beam, you can use a pair of Sonos speakers like the One SLs, SYMFONISK speakers, or a pair of passive speakers powered by a Sonos Amp. For the subwoofer, you can add a Sonos Sub to complete the 5.1 setup.

A Sonos Beam is not designed to be used as a center channel speaker connected to an A/V receiver. It is designed to be connected directly to a TV via HDMI ARC or optical. If you want to add rear surround speakers to the Beam, you can use a pair of Sonos speakers like the One SLs, SYMFONISK speakers, or a pair of passive speakers powered by a Sonos Amp. For the subwoofer, you can add a Sonos Sub to complete the 5.1 setup.

Thanks for the reply.

I was planning to get the SYMFONISK speakers for rear but I can’t run power lines.

Is there an alternative to the pricey Sonos Amp (since I already have an high-end receiver)?

Userlevel 7

You could use the discontinued Connect:Amp to power a pair of passive surround speakers, but be sure to read how to set it up as it requires a wired ethernet connection to the router:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2237?language=en_US

Also if you use a Connect:Amp, try to find a Gen 2 model so it can work with the Sonos S2 app.