Sonos Beam and Sub - Sub connected but not playing

• 15 December 2020
  • 5 replies

After some digging, I found that the Beam’s Audio In: under About My System was blank. The Beam is wired, Sub is wireless. I also have 2 One SLs that are working fine. The Beam plays just fine, but the sub doesn’t. I ran a diag as well, here it is.

I currently have a mixture of ax and ac access points, so I’m toying with power levels to get everything evened out. I’ve tweaked power settings since taking that diag, so wifi noise may be present in the diag, but the sub is connected to wifi with an excellent signal.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Just a note, while you wait on the more educated response to your diagnostic. In the Home Theater setup, the Sub connects to a 5Ghz signal created by the Beam, and not your own WiFi. 

So does that mean even with the beam wired, I need WiFi enabled on the beam device?

Yes, absolutely.

Ok, I’ll re-add the sub tonight when I get home and see if that cleans it up.

Ok hang on a second, let me understand this. I don’t have surround set up with the One SLs, they are in another part of the house and will remain there. But the beam and sub pair using their own 5g WiFi network? Not the WLAN I have the sub attached to? That’s kind of silly. Why lay a 5ghz wireless network on top of a perfectly good one that’s already there and working?