Sonos Beam and LG OLED C1 TV stopped working Via HDMI ARC

• 9 March 2022
  • 2 replies

It has been set up and working since last October. The original setup using the Sonos App worked on the first try. I have a Fire TV connected in another HDMI port. I was working with the Fire TV remote to clear memory on the Fire TV. I lost the connection between the Sonos Beam and the TV after that. No matter what I tried the Beam wouldn’t reconnect with the TV. Thanks to every who listed here. After hours of trying, I did a search and found community. I took the advise of one of replies and unplugged my TV and the Sonos Beam. After I plugged everything back in, the Sonos App worked and connected the Beam to the LG TV via the HDMI ARC port. I am about to upgrade to the Gen 2 Beam. I hope I don’t have the same problem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sounds like the CEC (ARC) on the TV got “confused” and wasn’t recognizing connected devices properly. One of the many reasons that sometimes a full reload of the OS involved is helpful. Glad you were able to resolve your issue. 

Thanks for the info!