Sonos Beam and Hisense H49N5700 working inconsistently

• 9 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Got a Sonos Beam a couple months ago, set it up, everything worked perfectly for a while.

I added two play:1s the other day, and since then the audio output has been weirdly inconsistent from the TV. Even when you manually switch the Sonos to TV audio, no sound comes out, and the 'About my Sonos System' reads 'Audio in: silent'. One thing I've found that fixes this is going to the Hisense settings and cycling the Digital Audio Out setting through RAW/Dolby/Off until it 'unsticks' and starts outputting audio again. Any ideas?

I would've thought this was a TV bug, but it seems odd that it just started recently. I guess the only thing that's changed is I'm now using RAW output, as it does 5.1, whereas Dolby does 2.0.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I've just tried messing around with switching between music/AirPlay/TV modes and it didn't cause any issues. It seems to come up as a problem with the TV has been left alone for a while.