Sonos Beam and BT TV Box Pro

• 14 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Sony TV, Sonos Beam and BT TV Box Pro. Generally all works well. However, if I set the TV Box to output surround sound, the lip sync problem is so great that it is unwatchable. I imagine that that is because the TV Box is not processing the sound fast enough so that there is nothing to be done. However, if anyone with a similar set up has found a solution, I would be interested to hear it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try the solutions in this article:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/recording-or-sound/sound-problem/sound-and-picture-out-of-sync

Presumably the audio is behind the picture, in which case tweaking the “Synchronise Picture & Sound” setting in the BT Box will only make matters worse. (If the audio is ahead, there’s already an option in the Beam room settings to address this.)

Assuming the BT box goes through the Sony TV to reach the Beam, the problem is most likely in the TV. Fiddling with the TV settings may improve things. A sure-fire solution would be to bypass the TV for the audio, using an HDFury Arcana.

Hello - wondering if you found a resolution to this?

Ive just bought an ‘offline’ BT Box Pro and having to run it in Stereo mode as the sound delay is much worse in surround mode (sound is behind the picture).

I have a 2023 model Samsung, which is blighted by the issue whereby the Beam2 is not detected unless the power is turned off and on, after being off overnight.  

When working correctly via eARC, the lip sync issue is minimal (same as when setting BT box to stereo).

None of the options on the BT site work for me.