Sonos Beam and 2 Play 1s combo

• 30 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I'm addressing 2 issues. Firstly the sound on my smart TV is atrocious and secondly, I want a decent music system in the same room - a 16x21ft room with vaulted ceiling and very few soft furnishings. I'm considering a Sonos beam plus a couple of Play 1s. Am I on the right lines or selling myself short? Secondly, how should I mount this combo in relation to each other - for example the Play 1s on an opposite wall to the Beam or on the same?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi David

Couple of questions first.

1. Do you want the surround sound effect for your tv

2. As for selling yourself short. How good do you want the sound system

I started with a playbar and two play1s. In my lounge and have finished up with. Playbar sub and two play 5s before I was happy with how the system sounded
Surround sound isn't critical for TV as we only tend to watch TV dramas and are not avid film watchers - we really just want to hear what is being said. As regards the quality of the sound, we want it all around the room as rich and clear as possible but equally, we will not be sitting with a critical ear. The resultant system will be in most use during quite noisy parties.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Ok beam is ok and has a built in amazon Alexa so added bonus if that’s your thing. Can also be wall mounted under tv. (If tv is wall mounted lol)

However for quality of sound the playbase and playbar are in my opinion far superior

As for the play 1 if you want them for tv sound aswell pair them with ure soundbar and set music playback to full in the app and position them on opposite wall if you want them for music only set them as a stereo pair and group them with soundbar as and when required

In my personal opinion if you invested in the sub and 2 x play 1s plus the beam you would get the 5.1 surround sound when watching tv and an amazing music experience