Skip to main content

I have a sonos beam 2 in the room and I bought a pair of era 100 for it, the problem is that I have the sonos beam 2 connected to the ethernet cable, but I don't know if I should also connect the era 100 by cable, in the room I have a repeater and it only works with 2.4 Ghz as technically it is another router than the one in the room, the sonos beam 2 is the only one I have inside this router, if I connect the 2 era 100 to that 2.4 Ghz network they do not connect through sonosnet so there is no problem with beam 2 being wired at era 100 via 2.4 Ghz wifi? I was considering upgrading to a mesh network from tp link the deco 6e but from what I see the sonos speakers don't work well with mesh networks so I reject the idea, but to tell the truth the reason I connected the beam 2 for ethernet it is that for wifi it took a while to work it would remain silent for a couple of minutes until it finally worked or I had to go up and down the channels so that it stopped being silent, with ethernet cable this still happens but it is less time now it is only It stays silent for seconds until it finally works, which is why I'm afraid the same thing will happen when I connect the era 100 as surround sound.

Ummm. Hard to read, but I think you’re asking if you can use the Era 100s as surrounds, and the answer is yes. They will connect to a ‘hidden’ signal created by the Beam. You won’t need to worry about them trying to connect to a repeater, especially as Sonos systems don’t generally work with repeaters. 

If you’re having trouble with drop-offs when streaming music on your Beam, you may be experiencing a duplicate IP address issue. Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up before plugging your Sonos devices in to the power.