Answered

Sonos Arc with TCL Series 6 no Atmos

New Arc, Sub, One SL x 2 home theater surround connected to TCL Series 6.   Signal to TV from Apple TV 4K, Arc connected to TV via HDMI/ARC port.  TV set to autodetect - TV indicates that it is detecting DD+ signal.  Playing content that should be Atmos (have tried atmos movies on iTunes, and also atmos content on netflix (streaming at ultra HD/autodetect).   Should (I think) be sending Atmos signal to the Arc.   however, cannot verify this.  No Atmos logo in the “playing now” screen.  When I go into the S2 app, “about my system” it indicates the signal is “Dolby Digital Plus 5.1”.   Appreciate your thoughts / experience….   Apologize if I’m missing something obvious here.  TY

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 December 2020, 17:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 7

@Indy_Canuck Have you considered trying the latest Roku Ultra released last year? It supports Dolby Atmos/Dolby Vision on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, and VUDU. But if you prefer the Apple TV 4K, the Arcana is definitely the best solution.

I’ll check it out thanks. Also heard the Nvidia shield will work?  Sucks to add a Roku streamer to a Roku tv...

Userlevel 7

I’ll check it out thanks. Also heard the Nvidia shield will work?  Sucks to add a Roku streamer to a Roku tv...

Yes, the Nvidia Shield is another great option. It’s just a little more expensive. I also believe the latest Fire TV Cube supports Atmos/Vision on Netflix, Prime, and Disney+ but not VUDU.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve got a very similar setup. I had lossy atmos on the firestrick 4K but then “upgraded” to ATV4k and lost atmos on prime Netflix and Disney 

From all online research and trial and error with settings I think I’m SOL. Options are buying the Arcana FeuryHD eArc switch, upgrade TV or wait and hope for a TCL update. 

I do like the ATV4K Dolby vision - the picture quality is stellar. But after buying the ARC for ATMOS I just may switch back to the Firestick 4K 

GRANTED can I even here what DD+ is vs just 5.1 maybe not.  The full Sonos Arc + subs + surrounds is a very nice upgrade over my old AVR 5.1 

really wish there was another HDMI on the Arc  

Didnt Noah put 2 of everything on the ship...?

Did you set your TV audio to HDMI passthrough? 

I'm curious if this would fix your issue. Let me know.