Answered

Sonos Arc with Samsung Q95T sound cutting in and out once per day

• 27 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi guys,

we just purchased our SONOS ARC 3 days ago and are using it with a 2020 Samsung Q95T QLED TV, plugged into the OneConnect box via the e-EARC slot. 

Sound Performance wise the sound bar is great all features including ATMOS are working fine. 

The issue we are having with ours is that once per day when turning the TV on the sound is cutting in and out repeatedly. We will get sound for about 2 seconds then it cuts out for about 5-10 seconds, rinse repeat.

Turning the power for the ARC off then back on at the power switch fixes this issue. But this is the second day in a row the issue has occurred and I am worried that this will start happening more often, it’s a new sound bar + TV this shouldn’t be a thing.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with their ARC?

thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by James L. 17 February 2021, 09:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @A1ejandro.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Congratulations on having the new Sonos Arc and I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Kindly verify if this is happening on both TV and music playback?

You may check this support article that provides common fixes for TV audio interruptions while using Sonos home theater speakers.

If the advice above was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

This is now a known issue between Sonos Arc and Samsung 2020 TVs.  It is ridiculous.  I have had a Q95T pre launch through contacts at Samsung and this is still happening.  The evolution was as follows:

1.  eARC was not available in menu when connected to Sonos Arc on Samsung audio despite having the pass through spec.  This has now just appeared and can toggle between Off and Auto
  2. The sound cuts out every time the TV is turned on - only way to fix is restarting ARC with TV on.
  3. sound cut outs apply to connected devices like Sky and Virgin box as well as Samsung and 3rd party in built apps (ie Netflix) and content on Q95 TV.

I have now received confirmation from Sonos that this is an issue and they are looking for a fix.

I am going to approach retailer now with the proofs to consider a refund.   Samsung are not peripheral when it comes to TVs and this is a mainstream issue that needs urgent resolution and some proper communication from Sonos pre purchase - they are knowingly allowing consumers to buy the ARC without warning them of substantial compatibility issues.

Hi - I have exactly this issue. I have a brand new Arc + Sub + Ones setup, with an 85inch Q95. Every day, I need to reboot the system to stop the audio cutting in and out. Clearly this is defective.

Do you have any more insight from Sonos on the fix?

Thanks!

Sonos have acknowledged the issue on social media.  They have given no timeliness for a fix or indeed confirmed if there is one coming.  It is misselling - that they are not warning of substantive compatibility issues when they have actual knowledge of them.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is now a known issue between Sonos Arc and Samsung 2020 TVs.  It is ridiculous.  I have had a Q95T pre launch through contacts at Samsung and this is still happening.  The evolution was as follows:

1.  eARC was not available in menu when connected to Sonos Arc on Samsung audio despite having the pass through spec.  This has now just appeared and can toggle between Off and Auto
  2. The sound cuts out every time the TV is turned on - only way to fix is restarting ARC with TV on.
  3. sound cut outs apply to connected devices like Sky and Virgin box as well as Samsung and 3rd party in built apps (ie Netflix) and content on Q95 TV.

I have now received confirmation from Sonos that this is an issue and they are looking for a fix.

I am going to approach retailer now with the proofs to consider a refund.   Samsung are not peripheral when it comes to TVs and this is a mainstream issue that needs urgent resolution and some proper communication from Sonos pre purchase - they are knowingly allowing consumers to buy the ARC without warning them of substantial compatibility issues.

Absolutely. So close to boxing everything back up and taking the lot back. 

Badge +17

Hi everyone,

Both Sonos and Samsung are aware of this issue and have responded in the main topic for this issue:

Please read the pinned answer and get in touch with our customer service team if you’re still experiencing this issue.

I’m closing this topic since it mirrors that of the one I’ve linked above.