Sonos Arc with projector and receiver.

• 25 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Just purchased a Sonos Arc, I am going to slowly switch all my audio to Sonos.

Current setup in my theater room is a projector (Panasonic PT-AE8000), and the receiver (Yamaha RX-V677). I have a PS5, Roku, NES Switch, and obviously the projector running through this receiver.

I have been reading and looking up info online for the past few days and cant get a solid answer on a solid setup to get the Dolby Atmos sound I want with the Sonos.

Will a HD Fury resolve my issues and I can keep the old equipment? If so where do I place that unit at? Or can I get a receiver that has dual HDMI outputs, one for the projector and one for the Sonos Arc? 

Thank you all for your time.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

The HDFury Arcana will work with this setup. But because you have three external media devices, you will need an HDMI switch to connect them all to the Arcana. The ROOFULL 5-port switch from Amazon works well with the Arcana. The Yamaha receiver could possibly function as a switch too.

NOTE: Because your projector doesn’t support HDMI ARC, you will need to set up the Arc on a TV with HDMI ARC before you will be able to use it with the Arcana.

Thanks for that info, I was hoping to get something like the Sony STR-AN1000 since it has double HDMI outputs, one for the Sonos, and one for the projector...am I correct in understanding that I can run both of these HDMI ports simultaneously? One for the projector and one for sound?

Eventually I will have to upgrade my projector, making sure it has eARC on it. I just want a setup that can get me by for a few months.

Userlevel 7

I don’t think the Sony receiver will work. You need a projector with HDMI eARC so you can connect the Arc directly to the projector.

Do you need a receiver to drive existing passive speakers?

Do you need a receiver to drive existing passive speakers?

No I dont...I am basically starting from scratch but would like to keep the projector for a few months before dumping thousands of dollars at once.

I don’t think the Sony receiver will work. You need a projector with HDMI eARC so you can connect the Arc directly to the projector.

and then have an hdmi switch hooked up to the projector that carries all of my other components? Like the Roofull switch you had mentioned?

Currently the Sonos Arc is in our living room, wife and kids like it so will have to grab another one for the theater room. 

Userlevel 7

and then have an hdmi switch hooked up to the projector that carries all of my other components? Like the Roofull switch you had mentioned?

Yes, unless your projector has enough HDMI ports to handle all of your devices.