Sonos ARC with ERA 100 wifi helo

• 23 December 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone :)

i have a question.

i have sonos boost, Arc with sub gen3 and i upgrade surrounds to ERA100 . Q is:

When wizzard add era100 to my system show connect to my 5ghz wifi. I add second era 100 wizard 5ghz to add speaker to 5ghz wifi. After complete wizard app ask for surround pair. I press ok surround done. I check in router sonos era 100 ip´s. Router show era is connected on 2.4ghz wifi. Why? I add era to 5ghz, 2.4 is differend ssid name with prefix 2.4ghz. Sonos era100 on about my system show:

WM:3 ERA

arc, boost, sub: WM:0

sonos era not support sonos net. But i see arc use special tunel for wifi and comunication with era ? Or how its work?

Arc:

sub:

era left:

era right:

Boost:

icon

Best answer by ratty 23 December 2023, 12:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi. Is your surround setup working OK?  I suspect it is.

The ERA100s, when connected as surround speakers, are just “slaves” of the Arc and connect vis the Arc rather than directly to your router.  I think this explains what you are seeing.

The Arc is connected to SonosNet. SonosNet is 2.4GHz.

The Eras needed to connect to WiFi for initial setup. They’re now Arc satellites, connected directly to Arc. In operation they will be on a 5GHz private channel. When idle they’ll use the same 2.4GHz physical channel as SonosNet, but still connected to Arc.

The Arc is connected to SonosNet. SonosNet is 2.4GHz.

The Eras needed to connect to WiFi for initial setup. They’re now Arc satellites, connected directly to Arc. In operation they will be on a 5GHz private channel. When idle they’ll use the same 2.4GHz physical channel as SonosNet, but still connected to Arc.

Thank you :)