Question

Sonos ARC volume control

• 20 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

I don't know if its just me that finds this, but I find the volume control on the ARC a little odd. Watching movies/TV via eARC.

I find that the volume can jump to quite loud with a few clicks of the volume up, and vice versa if I press volume down it can get very low with just a few presses.

It doesn't seem to adjust the volume in steady incremental steps to me.

Anyone else find this?

To add these adjustments are all at relatively low volume on the scale itself, not needed to go past the quarter mark on the bar due to how loud it can suddenly get.

I also have loudness off.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I had the same issue (returned mine for sound quality issues). Very annoying. It’s particularly bad when using with Apple TV 4K.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I had the same issue (returned mine for sound quality issues). Very annoying. It’s particularly bad when using with Apple TV 4K.

Nothing wrong here with sound quality, just find volume does seem to go high or low in large steps rather than steady incremental volume when pressing volume up or down.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Same experience here.

Badge

+1

I have just learned to deal with it, adjusting the volume in small steps and waiting for the change to register. Sony X950G series TV.