Answered

Sonos Arc under LG Gallery TV

• 29 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m expecting my LG Gallery OLED next week. I’ll be mounting it on the wall, as well as my Sonos Arc under it on the wall.

If you’re familiar with the Gallery line of TVs, they have a custom wall bracket as well as channels to run the cables behind the TV that allow it to be mounted flush against the wall, so that it literally has a depth of 1 inch or so, looking like a painting on the wall. Similar to the Samsung Frame.

I know Sonos recommends that the Arc be mounted 5.5 inches or more below a TV so the sound from the upward firing speakers is not impeded.  However, I’d like to mount mine more like 3-4 inches below the TV.

I can’t imagine that a TV with 1 inch depth could block the upward firing speakers right?

Seems like I should be fine.  Agreed?

Thanks for any opinions.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 January 2022, 02:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Sonos actually recommends keeping at least 4” of space between the Arc and the TV, so you should be fine. The 5.5” is the recommended distance between the top of the wall mount bracket and the TV.

https://www.sonos.com/support/en-us/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Farc%2Fwallmountarc.htm%23XREF_53221_Wall_mounting