Sonos Arc surround sound not working with ROKU or non ARC input devices

• 17 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi  I have a Sony Bravia TV.  Just trying to figure this out.  My surround sound works fine using YouTubeTV directly from the TV with Arc connected to the HDMIARC.   Testing a ROKU which via HDMI conenctd to another input on the TV and no surround sound.  Is that normal?  ANy TV settings that would make a ROKU Ultra device work with surround sound via Sonos?  Hope this makes sense.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @pm2662.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to recommend checking the audio quality of the Roku device to see if we can make any changes. Feel free to contact Roku customer service to verify if the device has an audio output setting or audio quality. If the TV in-apps works with surround audio but the Roku does not, it may be a setting on the Roku device that may do the trick. Try to check if we can set the audio quality on the Roku device to either Dolby Digital, surround audio, PCM, or 5.1 whichever does apply.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,