Answered

Sonos Arc Soundbar Location

• 2 September 2022
  • 2 replies

We are installing a Maior Flip 900 motorised TV Mount for a Samsung 65” OLED TV.  This mount allows TV to be tilted 90 degrees and then lowered down.  We are wanting install a Sonos Arc which will be used for both TV use and also with Spotify for normal music use.  

Can we mount the Arc remotely on a high wall between ceiling and top of windows (approximately 3-4 feet behind tv) where we have an 8” gap on wall?

Alternatively would could we mount to bottom of TV, but this will mean that when TV is in retracted position the Arc speaker would be face down towards floor.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 September 2022, 07:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don’t think a Sonos Arc is an appropriate solution for this install. If you had to, I’d put it under the TV, but mount it facing forward, not down, so the Atmos speakers were firing at the ceiling as designed. Neither of your current suggestions would result in appropriate sound. 

Agreed, I will consider a Sonos in-ceiling and in-wall solution