Sonos Arc sound stage poor

• 16 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Had the Sonos ARC for about 6 weeks now. General TV content, music is ok, but im still not impressed when watching films with either a 5.1 signal or ATMOS, it just sounds so flat and ATMOS does not surround you like the Samsung ATMOS soundbar I previously had. The sub and rear surrounds seem to out do the ARC they perform great, but the ARC I just feel is holding itself back, like the speakers have half power.. I was watching Midway film last night, rears and sub did a great job but the ARC just sounded weak, I also found the voices would be too quiet even with speech enhancement on. I have Truplayed so many times to get a better sound but it does not change it much at all.

I have not returned it as Im hoping this can be fixed with an update, as im not impressed by the ARC yet. I want to be wowed by the ARC when watching films, not fiddling with the settings all the time trying to get a better sound from it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I second your post which is spot on and reflects my experience with the ARC. It indeed feels it is holding back and the voices are weak.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

On point!  I ended up returning it as constantly changing the EQ, Truplaying and changing the volume (it was a battle between quiet dialogues and loud action scenes) was stressing me out. This all goes against Sonos’ philosophy of simplicity and “just works” way. 

Badge +1

Totally agree .on verge on sending it back .I thought the beam was overrated but at over double this unit is a crazy price for average sound . The play 5 sounds twice as good as my arc ? Some reviews seem to big this up for some reason ( maybe in their interest with Sonos kickbacks )