Sonos Arc Sony TV KDL

• 24 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi

just got this Sonos arc 

connected to my 2012 Sony tv.

all fine until I turn off the tv.

when tuning the tv back on,the sound is disconnected and needs a new setup in Sonos app.

any way of fixing this?

The connection I have made is with hdmi arc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Lozcornel, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Arc to your TV. So that we can further check on this issue, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. This will help us check the status of the Sonos Arc connected to your TV.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi

just got this Sonos arc 

connected to my 2012 Sony tv.

all fine until I turn off the tv.

when tuning the tv back on,the sound is disconnected and needs a new setup in Sonos app.

any way of fixing this?

The connection I have made is with hdmi arc

Ensure you have ‘BRAVIA Link’ or ‘BRAVIA Sync’ switched on in the TV settings and that the sound out is set to use the HDMI-ARC port.

I would also check that any other HDMI connected devices linked to the TV have HDMI-CEC switched off.

Thanks for the quick response.

Diagnostic report no.1986679005

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Lozcornel, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report. Upon checking @Ken_Griffiths is correct. It shows that the CEC is disabled. Kindly check the  ‘BRAVIA Link’ or ‘BRAVIA Sync’  it should be switched on in the TV settings of the TV and if you have other HDMI devices connected on the TV, kindly follow these steps.

Step 1 - Isolate the offending HDMI device.

1. Disconnect all other HDMI devices from the TV, reconnect El Rey first and repeat the TV Setup Wizard.
  2. Reboot all home theatre devices.
  3. Reconnect one device at a time while listening to TV audio to identify the offending HDMI device.

Step 2 - Corrective actions

On the offending HDMI device:

• Disable CEC on the offending device
  • Leave the offending HDMI device disconnected.
  • Connect the offending HDMI device using a CEC-less HDMI cable or adapter.
  • Connect the Sonos product using the optical adapter.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi

My 2012 tv settings does not have,at least I couldn’t find all the exact names on settings,that you’ve described.

On hdmi ports at AV presets I can have 2 options for each hdmi: enable always or enable auto.

If I go to hdmi setup,it says ON and not available when hdmi audio system is linked 

Also if I go on hdmi device list,I can only see Sonos arc connected,without being able to setup  anything.

Hi

My 2012 tv settings does not have,at least I couldn’t find all the exact names on settings,that you’ve described.

On hdmi ports at AV presets I can have 2 options for each hdmi: enable always or enable auto.

If I go to hdmi setup,it says ON and not available when hdmi audio system is linked 

Also if I go on hdmi device list,I can only see Sonos arc connected,without being able to setup  anything.

Don’t forget to disconnect your ‘other’ devices to discover if one of the TV connected peripherals has HDMI-CEC enabled and is stealing focus. Then when that’s been ruled-out, you might need to look closer at the TV settings - perhaps speak to Sony support about that, but I suspect it’s either one of the other devices taking HDMI-CEC control, or HDMI-CEC is not enabled on the TV.