Answered

Sonos:Arc Sony Android TV HDMI Connection

• 7 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a Sony Android TV (KD65A8G) and I can’t maintain a connection to my Arc soundbar after a couple of months of perfect operation. It did seem to coincide with a Sonos app update (may be pure coincidence). The TV keeps reverting back to its internal speakers due to a connection failure. I can still play music through the Arc from my phone, and the on-screen pattern/graphics appear on the TV during music playback (doesn’t seem to be an HDMI cable fault). When I reset the TV settings the Arc system appears for a few seconds on the TV as being active then disappears again as the TV reverts back to internal speakers. 
I’ve tried reinstalling the Sonos system and reseting all of the TV options including a full factory reset. 
Has anyone else experienced similar as this is driving me crazy!

icon

Best answer by BeeJBee 7 October 2020, 08:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Try a full reboot of the TV set (CEC hub). First, check for software updates, then unplug the TV from the wall for two minutes, before plugging it back in. 

Thanks, Bruce.

I gave that a try and the problem was still there.  So I tried it again, just in case, and accidentally connected it into the wrong HDMI port and the TV recognised the arc but no sound.  Plugged it back into the HDMI/ARC socket and now it works perfectly! 

Thanks again for the reply!