sonos arc plus base no mid range

• 5 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I had the arc first and loved it.  I added the base and the sound is terrible.  Its like the arc itself is doing too much bass too.  No more mid range or highs!  There was a show with song intro with horns and singing (his dark materials) and now i can barely hear the horns and it doesnt sound as good.  Anyone else?  I tried playing with the eq settings, loudness, re tuning.  Should I just return the sub?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I had the arc first and loved it.  I added the base and the sound is terrible.  Its like the arc itself is doing too much bass too.  No more mid range or highs!  There was a show with song intro with horns and singing (his dark materials) and now i can barely hear the horns and it doesnt sound as good.  Anyone else?  I tried playing with the eq settings, loudness, re tuning.  Should I just return the sub?

Is ‘music audio’ playing okay with the setup? - have you switched off ‘Night Mode/Speech Enhancement for TV audio ...and TruePlay tuned the Room?

Music doesnt sound good either. Yea i messed with all those, retuned, tried turning off trueplay

Music doesnt sound good either. Yea i messed with all those, retuned, tried turning off trueplay

I would perhaps submit a diagnostic to Sonos, whilst playing the problem-related audio and ask them to kindly take a look at your setup (post the diagnostic reference back here in this thread).

You can contact Sonos Customer Care here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/

Just to add, we have the Sonos Arc, sub and surrounds and they sound ‘awesome’ here - so perhaps it’s a local hardware, or maybe an audio source issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hate to be that guy but it is “Bass”.

I only point this out because Sonos has a product called a Playbase, so there may be some confusion to folks searching if you say that you have a “Base”.