Sonos Arc only playing Dolby 5.1

• 19 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Sonos Arc came in today morning!

Connected to my Samsung 2019 Q70R 55" TV. Sounds great. But the only issue is that I am getting a Dolby Digital 5.1 in my "About my system" and no DD+. Does Dolby Digital 5.1 means its a lossy atmos?

My TV does not have eARC just have ARC where I have connected. The Sound settings show the connection as "Receiver(HDMI)" on Expert Settings it tells "Dolby Digital".

However, if I go to Netflix I am not getting Dolby Digital Plus anywhere. I am expecting it to get atleast DD+ in Sonos. 

Can someone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sawrub.

Thanks for reaching out and congratulations on having the Sonos Arc, let me help you out.

If Arc is receiving an Atmos signal, we will display that within the Sonos App on both the "Now Playing" screen, and within the settings portion of our app. Settings > System > About my System > Sonos System Info > Audio In

Getting Dolby Atmos audio can also depend on the physical source device playing the content.

Some TVs do not support Dolby Atmos audio even if the source device (e.g. Roku Ultra) does.

In most cases, the TV will re-encode the audio to Dolby Digital 5.1.

Please check with the manufacturer of your device to see if it supports Dolby Atmos.

For reference, here is our support article that outlines the main factors to determine if your Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

I have the same problem. 

I am playing an Apple TV 4K into a 2019 55” The Frame to my Sonia Arc (with surrounds). 

The Samsung The Frame doesn’t recognize the Sonos Arc as Dolby Digital+ compatible. 

Userlevel 7

I have the same problem. 

I am playing an Apple TV 4K into a 2019 55” The Frame to my Sonia Arc (with surrounds). 

The Samsung The Frame doesn’t recognize the Sonos Arc as Dolby Digital+ compatible. 

Is your Sonos Arc connected to the HDMI ARC port? Are your Apple TV 4K settings correct?