Answered

sonos arc low volume after update to 15.10

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I have 2 Sonos arc setup, second one was only bought couple of days back. Other one is in my living room we used to get moderately good sound around level 20, now we have to bump it to around 45 to hear properly and to get good room filling sound have to go till 80. And the new arc is in small bedroom felt that sounded even lower.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 November 2023, 10:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @son2023 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If a reboot of the Arc (unplug from power for a time) does not help matters, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I called Sonos support twice about low dialogue (streaming and DVD playing) problem in this Arc…I got no help at all. They basically told me that it is set how it is. 

It appears we pay $900 for something quite unsatisfactory. At this price point to have no volume adjustment at all is insane.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @easola01 

Sorry to hear your experience with your Arc has been less than completely satisfactory.

With dialogue levels, it can be tricky - it can often depend on the particular sound engineer who mixed the movie track, or of the engineer who may or may not have adjusted levels for home release. All movies (barring, perhaps, made-for-TV movies) are mixed with a cinema in mind - the dialogue will be more than loud enough to hear, and sound effects will be even louder. In your home, however, you’re probably not willing to pump up the volume as dramatically for concern of your neighbours, your pets, or your spouse. Some engineers will adjust for the home market, and some will not, so things can literally vary from movie to movie.

At this price point to have no volume adjustment at all is insane.

No volume adjustment at all? I’m not sure what you mean.

You may find the following support page of use:

Make dialogue easier to hear with Speech Enhancement

I hope this helps.

Yes thank you. I replaced a $650 Bose system with this Sonos system that cost me over $4000 with installation. With my Bose I never had a problem hearing dialogue ever. TV, streaming, DVD it didn’t matter it was always good.

With the arc it is terrible with DVDs and streaming. TV/DVR is great but with DVD and streaming I cannot get the Arc loud enough to adequately hear the dialogue because everything else is increased in volume beyond what I can take…I’m unable to get the Arc at satisfactory levels.

Yes no volume adjustment. The speech enhancement does nothing while playing DVD. I’ll sit there and press it on and off and nothing.

I don’t know what to do. It would be nice if Sonos provided an update that would fix this. I see on the internet that many more have expressed this same frustration.