Question

Sonos ARC loudness setting

• 1 August 2020
  • 6 replies

At what volume level is loudness effectively disabled on the arc? Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rpzieri.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I think there is no option to disable the arc volume once you max out the volume of your device, or I might be wrong also.
Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Actually I’m talking about the loudness setting that boosts low and high frequencies when listening at low volume levels. At what volume level does the loudness setting stop boosting those frequencies? 30%, 40%, 50%? Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @rpzieri.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

You may  find this support document-link worth a read Setting a volume limit on Sonos players

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Actually I’m talking about the loudness setting that boosts low and high frequencies when listening at low volume levels. At what volume level does the loudness setting stop boosting those frequencies? 30%, 40%, 50%? Thanks.

I think you can safely assume that it does not get disabled based on volume.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You can test it out yourself by turning it on and off at various volumes to see if no one has the actual answer on here. To me it only has a little impact once you’re at 40% volume and effectively almost none once you’re over 50%.

Thanks for the responses all.