Sonos Arc Loses HDMI sound signal

hello,

I’m able to connect my Sonos Arc to my Samsung TV UE49MU6405 via the HDMI Arc port and the cable supplied by Sonos with no issues. Then for no apparent reason the Sonos Arc loses the sound signal via the HDMI port and the tv reverts to the tv sound. 

I can then no longer connect to the TV via the a Sonos S2 app  

I then need to reset the Sonos Arc and unplug the TV to be able to reinstall the sound bar and get the sound again via the HDMI Arc port. The sound will work for a while then will the same issue comes back. 

This is getting very frustrating, any help would be very much appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Badge

I just bought a Sonos arc and a LG CX 77 oled TV. I’ve noticed lately that my arc will drop audio connection when watching Netflix or any app on the native WebOS. It will drop for 1-2 seconds, revert to TV speakers, then revert back to the Sonos arc. My TV says HDMI port is now available as if the signal was cut short. 

my diagnostics number is 1080003327

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @DsunMD, thanks for reaching out and sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to know about this issue that you have with your Sonos system. Upon checking, It did not detect any issues with your Sonos Arc connections. So we’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may run further diagnostic tests and give additional options on this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Diag:7272736

Having same issues as others, Arc + SonyTV no configuration changes random drop outs to TV speakers , using multiple sources with same issues.sometimes corrects itself after 15-20 seconds or hardboot of all hardware required.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @peterthomas1978, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. I apologize for the late reply. I checked the diagnostic report that you’ve sent. It doesn’t show any issues with your system. It detected that the Wi-Fi capability on your Sonos Arc is disabled since you are on Sonosnet or a hardwired connection. Since you’ve done some troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.