Answered

sonos arc launch delay

I had an order in with John Lewis which I hadn’t received confirmation on… after calling this is now showing out of stock so cancelled order to look elsewhere for a launch day delivery. Looks like the launch has been pushed back a week to the 19th June??

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 8 June 2020, 15:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Launch is not delayed AFAIK, it’s just that some pre-orders are not going to get their speakers on the 10th.  I’m not sure if this due to higher demand than anticipated for the Arc, or if there are shipping delays due to COVID.

Regardless, I don’t think cancelling an order is the right move unless you actually have your hands on the speaker from a local store or something.  I doubt you’re going to get an earlier delivery date by picking a different retailer.

see above image?

i cancelled as the order had not processed and have now ordered through amazon, this is still showing 10th delivery but my query comes from the Sonos site changing the date.

What you’re seeing is the date if you ordered right now, not necessarily when your existing order would be shipped.  And although Amazon is pretty good with their shipments, I still wouldn’t trust it to be 100% accurate.  I can understand why you made the call though.

edit: Amazon US puts my current delivery date as June 12.  Not sure if that’s US wide or just my particular location.

My order has been dispatched. 
Ordered on pre order launch day, scheduled for delivery Wednesday 10th.

I pre-ordered on 5/24. At the time delivery was said to be 6/10. Current status of my order is “backordered.” I saw on Reddit that some people ordered as late as 6/6 and their orders have already processed and are about to ship, so there may be no rhyme or reason to how Sonos is doing this. I’ll cancel tonight if there are no updates and either roll the dice with Best Buy or Amazon. 

Further update, mine is with DHL and out for delivery tomorrow. 

Excited beyond belief! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I ordered mine on 5/13 and they shipped my wall mount but the Arc says back ordered. I Am gonna get the mount tomorrow but nothing else. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Further update, mine is with DHL and out for delivery tomorrow. 

Excited beyond belief! 

Are you still getting it today? DHL have cancelled my delivery as stock never arrived with them in time today

Hi,

Yes mine is out for delivery today. 

I was a bit worried as the tracking hadn’t updated since 2am yesterday morning but it finally changed to out for delivery this morning. 

Sorry to hear yours has been cancelled. That’s pretty rubbish.

Tom

I’m lucky my Arc just turned up but the Sonos wall mount, from Amazon, promised for delivery today, they have just informed me is out of stock. Not sure quite what is going on.

Has anyone else actually received the wall mount? The Arc is pretty much useless if you have nowhere to put it.

Just seen the Sonos website says the wall mount won’t even be available now until the 15th July. A speaker and no way to mount it for five weeks at least, well done Sonos

As there is no way it will go on my stand or under the TV I am seriously thinking of sending it back. I was really looking forward to it arriving today and setting it up but it’s turned out to be a disappointing experience. 

Add this to the S2 app knocking out my sub and rear speakers and the faulty Move I received and had to send back, wait for refund and reorder and I have to say my recent Sonos experience is far from enjoyable.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Mine still hasn’t shipped but now says processing and my card was charged yesterday. Coincidentally, my wall mount is out for delivery. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I was a bit worried as the tracking hadn’t updated since 2am yesterday morning but it finally changed to out for delivery this morning. 

Tom

Thanks Tom

Just had response from a 'Head of Customer Experience' saying that the order states delivery from the 10th and not to expect it.....even though when I ordered it stated in my confirmation order will be expected to be delivered before the 10th.…no apology just a note saying dont expect it today

Not the best experience or pre-order process. Most other big companies manage to get their pre-orders delivered on day of launch but given recent Sonos customer experience issues maybe this is the new norm....

Seems a weird pre-order process if I can buy one from a retailer before my pre-order direct from company would be delivered

Badge

Hi,

Tom

Thanks Tom

Just had response from a 'Head of Customer Experience' saying that the order states delivery from the 10th and not to expect it.....even though when I ordered it stated in my confirmation order will be expected to be delivered before the 10th.…no apology just a note saying dont expect it today

Not the best experience or pre-order process. Most other big companies manage to get their pre-orders delivered on day of launch but given recent Sonos customer experience issues maybe this is the new norm....

Seems a weird pre-order process if I can buy one from a retailer before my pre-order direct from company would be delivered

I spoke with Sonos on the phone earlier, and they told me that they have received unprecedented demand which is leading to the delays, and that I should now receive my Arc by early next week (despite being told by Friday yesterday). I am concerned that I may get further delays, but lets see. I can confirm my confirmation email also stated expected delivery by 10th June, so am somewhat disappointed. 

The pre-order process & lack of communication has been extremely poor from Sonos. 

Odd. I have had zero issues with my pre-order, or the communication. While it would have been nice to have had the order processed and shipped earlier, I can hardly fault Sonos for that, as it was a ‘pre-order” . And it certainly isn’t Sonos’ responsibility that the shipper chose to deliver the two packages on separate days, that’s the shipping company’s responsibility. In fact, as the same day that my order processed, within 8 hours I received shipping information in an email from Sonos, and was also able to check it on the Sonos website. Or the website of the shipping company. Would I have wished for it to all happen more quickly? Sure. I want everything right now. But it’s hard, from my perspective, to fault Sonos. 

Update: in my haste to secure a launch day unit I now have two. The original order arrived and another is being delivered today from curry’s… they appear to have stock on next day delivery 

Ordered mine in mid May, and did not receive any updates on shipping. Called their support center yesterday which was too busy to take any questions regarding shipping.

They did answer on my support ticket today by email, and it is scheduled to be sent end of June. 

Feels kinda strange when you pre-order something a month before release and get it a month after release without any notification that its going to be delayed. Its not like they don’t know how many batches they have, and how many that is scheduled to be delivered.

Update: in my haste to secure a launch day unit I now have two. The original order arrived and another is being delivered today from curry’s… they appear to have stock on next day delivery 

Do you want someone to buy it off you?  Happy to.  I’m clydeiii at gmail if you want to coordinate.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Sonos.com is now offering July 24th for new orders 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

uk was 19th a few days ago now saying 17th

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

uk was 19th a few days ago now saying 17th

June? July?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

sorry July. I placed my order just recently the day before launch says on my email expected to be delivered but 19th of June but I won't hold my breath 

I ordered my ARC from John Lewis online on 10th June and received 2 days later at home on 12th. I cant explain why mine has arrived so super-quick, but suggest you contact JL. It would appear they can deliver much quicker than sonos themselves  ;-)