Question

Sonos ARC in an open asymmetric room.

• 25 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I installed my Arc in an open living room. I've a wall at the right side of the TV, it’s open on the left.

I so have quite good stereo effects on the right, not much on the left.

I’m thinking of using a wood board or something  which I could install easily when watching a movie, and remove after

I don’t know exactly how sound reflexions work, so where to place it, and what should be the ideal size in order to have the best effects, without too much clutter.

It just for stereo, I already have a Sub and 2 rear Play 3. 

Thanks for your help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @topilouf1, Thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern about the recommended setup for the Sonos Arc, The Sonos Arc requires a minimum of 5.5 inches on the front and sides of it, with at least 2 inches between the backside of Arc and the TV when in a tabletop orientation. If wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi all, I installed my Arc in an open living room. I've a wall at the right side of the TV, it’s open on the left.

I so have quite good stereo effects on the right, not much on the left.

I’m thinking of using a wood board or something  which I could install easily when watching a movie, and remove after

I don’t know exactly how sound reflexions work, so where to place it, and what should be the ideal size in order to have the best effects, without too much clutter.

It just for stereo, I already have a Sub and 2 rear Play 3. 

Thanks for your help

I also have an asymmetric room (open on right). For me, stereo imaging is fine, and the soundstage is fairly wide. I have a plant (prettier than a wood board, and can stay there even when not watching a movie) on either side of the Arc. There is sufficient clearance all around the Arc, of course. I do not know for a fact if the plants are any help, but I can say that I definitely have a stereo effect on either side of Arc. 

Additionally, if you haven’t done so before, Trueplay is very important.