Sonos Arc impact on hdr

• 13 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi 

I know this sounds crazy, but is there any potential for the above? My Sony Bravia and TV subscription was allowing me to watch UHD/HDR content when available. I was able to check this via the Bravia settings. Somehow, the message on tv screen confirming hdr no longer appears, even when watching enabled content. The only thing that’s changed in my set up is hdmi from Bravia (arc) to Sonos.

Would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you switch back to the TV speakers and play the same A/V content does the UHD badge then show up? If not, then it’s probably just coincidental that the display has changed when you added the Sonos soundbar and enabled the CEC protocol.

In any event, you might be best to speak with Sony customer support. I think anyone would be quite surprised, if attaching any soundbar to the TV actually altered the TV display settings in some way.  

Sonos certainly does not touch the video feed at all, they work off of ARC, which has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Badge +2

Many thanks for prompt response. Definitely not getting the hdr content as previously. Removed the Sonos cable, and problem persists. However, I don’t think it’s a “coincidence”. Ie something in the hdmi/cec settings seems to have compromised the hdr. Am going to post a query on the Sony forum and will report back.

Kind regards.