Answered

Sonos Arc + Hdfury Arcana + Xbox One X sound delay

• 30 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello, finally got the hdfury arcana for eArc problem now I'm getting Atmos and very happy with it. However when I play Xbox I'm getting about a half a second delay. Hdfury is connected to my Apple TV 4k so I'm not sure what to do here. Samsung QN65Q7FAM is the tv. And is on Game mode.

icon

Best answer by John B 2 December 2020, 23:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Nateuzunkaya, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and sharing with us your concern. Let me help you with the audio delay on your Xbox.

You can adjust the group delay in the Sonos app. The setting can be found in the app by going to SettingsSystem > [ROOM NAME] > Group Audio Delay. This creates a buffer between the HT product and the grouped players to mitigate any potential audio interruptions that may occur from streaming high bitrate TV audio between Sonos products. Adjust the device’s audio format. DTS is not supported by Sonos home theater speakers. Modern game consoles can transcode DTS to formats that are supported by Sonos like Dolby Digital. If there’s no progress, we recommend checking the product manual or contact the manufacturer for specific steps on how to adjust the audio format for that device. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

Hello, finally got the hdfury arcana for eArc problem now I'm getting Atmos and very happy with it. However when I play Xbox I'm getting about a half a second delay. Hdfury is connected to my Apple TV 4k so I'm not sure what to do here. Samsung QN65Q7FAM is the tv. And is on Game mode.

Can you describe your setup a bit more?  Are you an HDMI switch in your setup? 

It sound like you’re you have the xbox directly connected to the TV, and audio then goes from TV → Arcana → Arc.  Your Apple TV audio goes directly to Arcana → Arc...bypassing delays introduced by the TV.  If you had an HDMI switch in place in front of the Arcana, everything can go Apple TV/Xbox → switch → Arcana ->Arc.  Just make sure you use a switch that has the specs for Atmos and the video quality you want.

Hi. First, the Group Audio Delay referred to in the Sonos response is not relevant to your problem so please don't be distracted by that.

As implied by Danny, it's not really clear in what order your devices are connected.  I am going to assume that your audio is bypassing the TV, because that is the point of Arcana. If I am mistaken then we'll think again.

Now,, the audio sync problem that Sonos users have usually had has been audio lagging picture because the TV outputs the audio with a lag. But I am wondering if you actually have picture lagging audio, because that is what I sometimes get using Arcana. I think it is caused by video processing in the TV post-Arcana.

You can use the TV Dialog Sync setting to improve / cure this.

Could that be your issue?

If, on the other hand,  you are saying that xbox audio is passing through the TV and is lagging, then the solution is an HDMI switch so that all your audio goes through Arcana and not the TV, as described by Danny.

Can you describe your setup a bit more?  Are you an HDMI switch in your setup? 

It sound like you’re you have the xbox directly connected to the TV, and audio then goes from TV → Arcana → Arc.  Your Apple TV audio goes directly to Arcana → Arc...bypassing delays introduced by the TV.  If you had an HDMI switch in place in front of the Arcana, everything can go Apple TV/Xbox → switch → Arcana ->Arc.  Just make sure you use a switch that has the specs for Atmos and the video quality you want.

Thank you fo the response. Correct. This is my setup. Any recommendations for a good quality switch? By the way cable box is also connected to tv directly and no issues there just fyi.